Monday, May 14, 2012

Life updates

Blog land seems so quiet lately..which makes me feel like everyone is in the same boat as right now...BUSY!
It has been a crazy season with the main theme being birthdays;) lots and lots of birthdays! Its always fun to celebrate life with our friends and family, but at the same time we are continually reminded that its about balance. And with all this craziness and running around all over town and out of town..its time to slow down and focus on what matters most, our little family. So we are working on it. The plan is to sit down and make some house rules so that we can come to a happy medium of balance in all areas of our lives.
I think especially for me, who can go and go..but than I crash, and usually when I crash its a hard crash. So a constant learning curve, but that's life!

Alexander is 3 months old now which is so hard to believe. It really does go by so fast with the second! I love this stage we are entering though. I love when they start to interact and discover the world. And I love the facial recognition and the big smiles I get when he sees me. Makes me feel so loved! And man, do I ever love this little guy! Words can't describe!

Miss Addy is quickly approaching three..another thing that is so hard to believe! I am not sure how I feel about the 3"s yet. Looking back I can honestly say my two's really weren't that bad at all:) They had their moments, but really not so bad. Where I have a feeling, from things already seen that the threes are going to bring more of  a challenge. So I am humbled every day in my parenting and call on God for lots of grace and patience as I am still sleep deprived as well. And I also try to remind myself what a gift she is and really what an amazing, smart, funny, beautiful, and unique little girl she is! And those moments that aren't so pleasant; well they are a stage;)

And I don't know about you but with being constantly bombarded with parenting tips, social media, and news articles..anyone read or see that times article??:) its hard. Its hard to trust your instinct and to know whats right. But like my mom reminded me today, was that whats most important is trusting relationship with God, and going from there..So we truck along:)


Hope everyone is enjoying the sun!!

No comments: