Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Addyson Grace!

Its official, I have a one year old!!! woohoo! What a week it has been:) We leave for a little week holiday next week and I can't even begin to tell ya how much I am looking forward to this time with my little family of rest, recouperation and refocus!
Last Saturday we kicked off the birthday celebration with a friends and family birthday party for Addyson. We had about 25 people over, and had a fantstic time, eating yummy slider bugers, cupcakes, opening presents, hanging out with great friends, and even catching some sun rays at the end of the day! We are so grateful for the people in our lives who not only love us but love this little girl as one of their own, so thank you! Then, on Tuesday we celebrated her official first birthday. It was quite an emotional day for me remembering where we were only on year ago and how far we have come! I did it, I survived my first year of motherhood!
I made Addyson's favorite for breakfast, banana loaf, than we took daddy a coffee up at his work so he could give our girl birthday kisses. Than, in the evening, nana, papa, and great granny came over for dinner, strawberry shortcake, and more presents! Oh, and just to top it off.....someone decided to start walking this week! it started with a few little steps here and there, but than on her birthday she got up from a crouch position on her own, stood up and walked 5 steps right into my arms..it was heaven!!! Anyways, today was my neice's birthday, which we are celebrating on sunday with addy and Dave's side of the family, oh and fathers day too..oh and did I mention we have Dave's brothers wedding on sat?? yeh, hence why we need that vacation starting Monday:) So my girl, you are walking, have five teeth, talk lots(new words including whozit, whcih we think means who is it/what is it, and mimi which i am pretty sure is her way of saying mommy:)), you are full of laughs, are busier than ever, and are just more beautiful and fabulous every day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GIRL!!!xoxoxo

This girl loves stuffed animals, and the big puppy was from us for her birthday:)
Loving her new puppy!

Reading her new book with daddy


reading her card from nana and papa



Strawberry shortcake her actual birthday dessert!



Blowing out the candels on her birthday!






Birthday banana Loaf!






Her first cupcake at her party, she was in love!







Why are all these people looking at me and singing??





Opening presents!



OUR BIRTHDAY GIRL!!




















2 comments:

Jessi said...

Happy Birthday big girl...wow, and walking!!! I love the shot of her smiling at her cupcake...so cute! It's amazing how fast a year flys by now that you have a baby, just wait until you have 2. Addyson, you are such a precious little girl...Happy first birthday!

The Samy's said...

Happy belated First Birthday sweet Addyson! Lokks like you all had a fun day and beautiful pictures to prove it!