Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Christmas Fav's!!!

Ok, so I sit here, knowing I should be thinking about lots of things to do, and should be doing, but really all I can think about is Christmas!! I am just really excited for it this year:) And I blame retail world...because Christmas has come so early this year. One if the things that I love about Christmas is traditions...so I thought I would share some of my favorite's, some are old, some are new, but I love them! I am also looking forward to creating new traditions with David!

Tradition #1: Ok, well this is a newer tradition for me, but an older one for the Colbourne's. Every year, this year, the first sat of December, we go out as a family and cut down a Christmas tree! I love this tradition because I grew up with artificial trees, which i Loved decorating, but I do love cutting one down. Ok, well, watching the guys cut it down! After that we head back to mom C's for some Chilli(yummmm), hang out in the afternoon and than in the evening we have some snacks and decorate the tree. To me, this day is the kick off of christmas!

Tradition #2: My own shopping day. I love having one day to myself to get my christmas shopping done. Than coming home, curling up with somethine yummy to drink, watching something wonderful and wrapping my presents. I love wrapping presents!! One of things I use to love about working in retail!! Wrapping:)

Tradition #3: baking and movie day. A couple days before christmas I love having a baking day where I make yummy cookies like short bread and peanut butter balls dipped in chocoate! I love the fabulous smell in the house afterwards too!

Tradition #4: On the same day as my baking day, I love to watch my two favorite Christmas movies, Love actually, and The Family stone! One to make me laugh, and one to make me cry:) It's one of my favorite days!

Tradition #4: I love Christmas eve, and I love Christmas eve night. Our tradition has always been Christmas eve service. As kids at my church we were always allowed to bring one gift to church and open it after the service. So much fun! Now I love handing out the gifts to the kids and watching their faces:) such a joy!

Tradition #5: Our Christmas eve meal!! Appy's!! I love appy's, and this is something we have done for years. Growing up in a city church, we had lots of young single adults in our church. So christmas eve was always filled with different people. Made it so much fun! we would hang out, play games and enjoy yummy food!

Tradition #6: This one I absolutly love!! Going on the train in stanley park! I missed it last year, and the five years we lived in Penticton, but growing up as a kid we always went! i love it!!! I also, A couple years ago, started going Van Duesen gardens as well. If you haven't gone I highly recommend it!!

Tradition #7: Christmas morning breakfast! Waffles:) Need I say more!

Christmas day itself is constantly evolving, but is wonderful as our family expands! And like I said I am looking forward to making our own traditions to pass along to our kids one day! Such a blessed time of year!

So what are some of your favorite traditions?????

2 comments:

The Samy's said...

Love it! I am like a little kid at Christmas. I decorate , bake and spend lots of time with family which is all my favorite.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the great post idea Crys! And I love all your traditions. So fun!