Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas has come and gone, so its about time a post about it! With working up until christmas eve, and back on the 27th it felt quite short. But Sweet:)
Christmas eve at work was insane, which is no suprise, so I was tired by days end. I had to pull myself together for christmas eve night which included church, and than back to our place for appy's and chatting with my parents:) Dave's parents stopped by for a bit too after spending sometime with his sister and family. Christmas eve was nice and quiet, acccept for addy who was so excited about her new princess table from nana and papa!
Christmas Day we had a lovely morning just the three of us and enjoyed watching addy open her presents. I was so excited for addy this christmas and thought she would be so much fun with her gifts, but I realized she still is a little to young and was overwhelmed by the third or fourth present! She was still fun though, and we still so enjoyed every minute with her!
Around 11ish we headed over to my parents for waffles..yummm..and waited for my brother and SIL to arrive;) We spent hours opening gifts, because it is quite the process in our house and we love to savor it! Plus with a toddler everything takes more time! We had a great day hanging out, eating food, and playing games. It was a nice, quiet and relaxing day. Just what we needed!
Boxing day was with Dave's side; which has four kidlets, so a lot more energy!
All in all a good christmas. I think the general sensus from people I talked to was they just weren't really into it this year, and I think the effects of the recession have really taken its toll on people this year. So here's to a more optomistic and joyful 2011!!!




Addy with tickle me elmo who she really isn't to sure of yet!


Goofy girl!


So cute in pink!



Her christmas hat from nana to match her christmas dress!




1 comment:

Jessi said...

Addy's little brown sweater with the red buttons is adorably cute!!! Glad to hear that you still had a great Christmas with all the busyness of work just before!