Monday, March 21, 2011

From my kitcken to yours..

I a made these last night, and I love them:) I got this recipe off of the Rachel Ray show months back and have been eating them ever since! and with spring time around the corner, and summer getting closer burgers will become more a staple in our house!

So lets call them Franks hot sauce chicken burgers;)

So sautee up some carrots, celery and onion in some olive oil and butter. Make sure they are really small pieces.

Once they are nice and soft, but not carmelized, transfer them to a bowl with the ground chicken. Add your seasoning of choice. I threw in some montreal spice, and some salt and pepper. Mix it up and make into nice size patties. Fry them up in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side. once they are brown on both sides remove them from the pan and add some more butter about a tbsp, and some franks hot sauce to the pan. Let it simmer for a minute and than add the burgers back to the pan, flipping them once until they are fully cooked through! If you love franks you will love these! If you don't love franks I think you could totally due this with a bbq sauce or whatever other sauce you love on your chicken burgers..terriyaki maybe??

add whatever you want on your bun and you are good to go!

One trick that i have been doing lately to one, tighten the budget, two eat less meat and three make more food..is to add a lot more veggies to things. So I used a lot of veggies in this mix and ended up getting a good 7 burgers out of it. Also with stirfrying, we have been trying to eat more organic meat and its expensive! so usually, for a stirfry I would get a pound of steak..or about two small striplion steaks, and it would cost about $7ish bucks. Where as now It still costs about $7, but I get probably, 2/3 the amount of meat. so I replace that other 1/3 with tons more veggies. Still filling for my hard working man, healthier and as cheap as possible with the new eating route we are trying to pursue!

Anyways, I have a few more recipes that I will be back to share, as I try and do one new one a week, and I have discovered a few goodies recently!

Happy monday..I am off to work!

No comments: