Monday, June 27, 2011

summer Funk

Well its June 27th, I have spent maybe two hours in the sun this year thus far, I am pasty white, and not impressed. I don't think I ever remember a more depressing weather season...this has been horrible! The other day someone asked me how my summer was going..I said what summer?? I love summer, I love so much about it. I think if I could I would pick up and move to california pretty darn fast:) Dave and i are both beach bums, sunshine, outside, lazy days, cold drinks kind of people...so summer just fits us, its my outfit of choice:) Lets not even talk about the closet full of adorable summer dresses my girl has waiting to wear...so sad:( I know, pathetic, but it really is these little things that make me happy, and when they disappear they make me sad! So I wait patiently for the sun. we had a little taste of it yesterday and it was lovely. I got home from work about two, we had some friends over for a bit and I actually got to sit out on my deck and soak up some fresh air and sun! Afterwards we headed down to our itty bitty backyard, and it was lovely! I laid on a blanket while addy played in her sandbox, and Dave beside me..it was perfect. What made it even more perfect is every once and a while my girl would come over and hand me a leaf, put her sweet little hand on my back and give me a kiss..so precious she is:) So that is my summer calling, my plee for some sun!!! and now I am done..

ok, rant number two. So we live in a townhouse complex, and the only thing I don't like about the place we reside in is our strata. Well, a few people in it, our strata fees, and well, a few people in it. So here is what my rant is about. We have this family on the corner unit, at the top of the steap hill you have to climb up before looping around to the left. So yes, our complex is steep and windy with turns. So these people like to be our speed police. Now going up a windy very steep hill in a town house complex doesn't allow for a fast speed, especially in an older car. But everytime they manage to stick out there hands and give the death glare with the disapproving shaking of their head like what is wrong with you...slow down!! Ok, so here's my issue. the reason why they get so huffy really has nothing to do with their overall concern for the complext its because they allow their young kids to play and ride their bikes on the street....which i personally have issues with. Its one thing if you live in a complex thats a cul de sac and not many cars coming through, but a busy townhouse complex thats hard to see around tight turns..it makes me nervous. I also am one who is ridiculously paranoid when it comes to kids and cars and safety; there are just too many horror stories for my liking..anyways, this lady got me really mad today, and that is my rant about it..maybe its just me...but I am not to impressed about it especially when said lady doesn't have the guts to come and say something to my face its just a dirty look through a window...

ok, enough of that now:) on to brighter things..tomorrow is my hubby's birthday so I am so looking forward to celebrating him and with him:) it will be quiet and intimate as its a Tuesday night, but also because we have to start saving our money and energy for the big 30th that will be happening next year!! so hard to believe:)!

Hope everyone is doing their best to make the most of this crappy weather as there still is so much good to be enjoyed around us!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Ahh the joys of townhouse complex living :) Although, when I think about it, I might be those neighbours! We're constantly shouting at people to slow down, but they are genuinely going WAY too fast!

Laura said...

I hope you got out in the sun this week! But I know, it still doesn't really feel like summer.
Boo to annoying neighbours. It's a dilemma because I guess their kids don't have anywhere else to ride their bikes. Maybe there needs to be a meeting and figure out a good solution? Because everyone wants the same thing - safe kids!