Thursday, September 15, 2011

My little flower Girl:)




This past weekend we were involved with my dear girlfriend Zina's wedding:) Her love story is a pretty cool one. Not always romantic at times, lots of trails to overcome, but after four years her and her now hubby said I do! What was really cool about this wedding for me was that I have know the bride for ten years now, but I also have known the groom since elementary school. So being friends with both sides and being there to see the whole story unfold was such a great experience!

What was even more special was my little girl got to be a flower girl for the first time:)

I have to admit going into the weekend I was super nervous as, again, we all know how unpredictable 2 year olds are! But I have to say she did amazing, and this mama's heart was overflowing that day:) I couldn't have been more proud to be her mom in that moment..it was good:)

The whole weekend was a very busy one though that I don't wish to repeat anytime soon! I had my ultrasound on Friday afternoon, Dave was off work and had an appointment to go to, we quickly whipped home to get packed and were out the door by three o'clock. THREE hours later we were still sitting in traffic on the 99...it wasn't pretty:( So we missed the rehearsal, wasted a night in the car, I had a head cold..all in all we were done! We stayed at my brother and SIL, so we didn't have as long of a trek to go back, laid low that night and next morning and headed out to for the wedding in Kerisdale:) I knew as soon as Addy met the other little flower girl that would help, and I was so right! She loves older girls and immediately she had a new best friend:)
The held hands and walked down the isle like it was nothing! Again, a happy mommy heart:)
After the ceremony, we whiped out to North Vancouver for the reception, where my bro and SIL picked up our girl and took her home:) it was night to have a night off, but at the same time being sick and tired and hungry..I was kind of done:) The view of the city was lovely, and again I was so happy to see my friend beaming on her day!! The past four years of our lives have definitely been filled with weddings and babies, and newness which is always exciting, but also makes for a very full calender:) I savor the moments but also love the mundane of the in between where for me I have learned life really happens:) So until the next one..goodnight:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

So special, all around! Addy looked adorable, and I can't wait to see more pics of Zina!
Thank goodness for having somewhere to stay that is a little closer! And I'm sure Uncle and Auntie loved having Addy time :)