Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home Projects:)

Over the month of December my hubby had some time off so we decided to make the most of it and get some stuff done around the house! it was great! Here are some of the stuff we have been busy doing!! First though a picture I took today from the view in our living room! what a gorgeous day!! My apple tree:)


We painted both Addyson's room and the baby's room over the holidays:) Addy's is a full on pink princess room as you can see;) I hate indoor pictures with my camera though as they never do things justice:) but its fun and bright and girly:) The bookcases were an idea off of pintrest! I love them! Ikea $7 spice racks painted white! I have found some great things off of the site and put them to good use....quite proud of myself actually:)
The first project we painted was this old toy chest. It was mine:) My grandpa built it for me when I was seven:) Twenty two years later its in my little girls room:) it was aged with tacky old stickers. We slapped some white paint on it, put a new handle on, and put these stickers my mom gave addy for christmas, and again, a great new addition to her new princess room:)
Addy's old changetable. It was $30 from walmart, beech wood like the little stand we have next to it. Again, slapped on some paint, and walla, it looks antiquey and new;) Its in the baby's room:) we painted it a dark grey which turned out a little bluer than expected, but a love the color, and know that I can accent either blue or pink, or yellow, depending on what the sex is!

!

Spice racks! I bought these at Ikea, and than painted them! I love having them, and not having to worry about digging through my small spice cupboard for stuff! And they filled that whole on the wall so perfectly:)





My hallway with my first attempts at canvas pictures;) loved doing these and can't wait to do more:)! That wall will be filled with more once this baby makes its arrival!

this is the bookcase in the babies room:) it used to be a beech wood color, cheap from Home Depot. We painted it and removed the crappy back part! I love it!
Anyways, there's some of the things we have been busy doing:) It was fun, and I love seeing Cost effective projects come together! The paint we used for all the furniture is one of my new favorite things! its called Ann Sloan chalk paint, and i am addicted:) Its called Chick paint..for a reason:) Super low VOC, and easy to use! We didn't have to strip any of our old furniture you just paint over top! its really popular to do distressed and vintage furniture! Anyways, thats my plug for that product..again I love it! We have my granny's old dressers from the 1960's that we are going to be repainting for Addy's room. And its probably toxic old oil paint..so no stripping, no fumes, just going to put the coat of paint over top! I will be back with the before and after for that:)!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Love it, looks so fresh! Did you use those spice racks from ikea for Addy's books in her room too?

I saw a lady loading up @ ikea the other night and I figured they were for her kids rooms....too fun! Happy Nesting! Xo

Crystal said...

I did! I saw that idea originally on pinterest and knew I wanted to do it but realized I liked them as spice racks too:)