Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Month to go!

One month to go till our new baby is set to arrive. Obviously it really could be anytime from now till 10 days after the expected day; as well all know, these critters have a mind of their own and show up when they want to!

I am so ready for this baby! I am so anxious everyday counting down the days till my Christmas..the day my baby arrives:) I think it being the second time around, knowing the outcome, a baby does really come out*grin*, and having a good age gap between these two kids makes me feel as prepared as I can be! I feel more relaxed and sure of the process and really knowing how little you need in the first while to survive. Diapers..check, sleepers...check, receiving blankets...check, boobs with milk...check:) really beyond that, its just details!
I am excited to have a doula this time around, and know that is really going to help! It takes the pressure off my mom and my hubby as last time things didn't go smoothly, and this time they don't have to carry all that stress of helping me except for being there for me emotionally, and loving me:)

Having had a c section the first time around I am really hopeful to have a v bac this time, but I have also come a real peace in the last two months about things, and trusting God that how ever this baby comes out, at the end of the day all that really matters is a healthy baby. and that is what I pray for. That, and having joy in whatever the circumstances are:)

It really is amazing how different things are the second time around. Not better or worse, just different, and i like it:)

I also cant wait for Addy to be a big sister. I am a little nervous at times at how things are going to go. The jealousy and temper's..not sure what this will bring, but overall I know she is going to be love this baby, and be a great big helper to me! She already loves to feed other babies their sippy cups or bottles, its quite endearing:)
Another part of me is a little sad to see this special time we have had together the last two and half years alone come to an end. That's why I really want to make sure to make it my mission to carve out special time just for me and her, as I cherish it so much and I don't want to loose that bond we have! So now its just a waiting game, getting through another week till I am full term and than wishing and praying every day for it to make its appearance sooner than later;) Otherwise I might end up with a valentines day baby! no better love than that:)!

1 comment:

Christy said...

It's going to be so great! I found two actually easier than one, after the first couple of months. Can't wait to hear the news!