Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absolute Truth

This weekend, I had the privaledge of going to a womans conference with my SIL and my dear friend:) At first I wasn't going to go because, with 7 weeks till my due date, I am trying to savor the weekends with my hubby. But I felt that, with it being a short conference, and him needing some boy "play" time with my brother(aka:paintball and video games..yup that's right), I figured it would be a great opportunity..one that I might not get for a while! And probably my last girls sleepover for sometime!

Anyways, as you can read on many blogs today I am sure there were lots of great things that came out of this weekend..and Miss S, you did a fabulous job hosting this event..God bless ya!
There were a lot of things that hit my heart, and so much truth was spoken that could speak to every woman in that room! The interesting thing is that there was one very surprising specific thing that happened to me this weekend, that might not have made sense to anyone else but really spoke to me.
The girls were giving away all of these wonderful prizes because there were a bunch of fabulous booths set up from talented moms and wives.
One of the prizes that was being given away was, well three of them, these precious little baby girl hats made by one of the girls at the event. I thought they were pretty darn cute...but what are the chances of on of the few pregnant girls in this big group winning one of these....well, turns out pretty high cause I got blessed with one. When they called my number i was shocked..and I know, you probably were all thinking, ok Crystal its just a hat, calm down. But it wasn't about the hat, it was about what God was saying to my heart through it. Of all the girls that could have gotten one, the one who was pregnant with a precious baby girl received it. As I went and picked it up and throughout the last 24 hours I have felt the lord peacefully whispering to me...see I am here. I am with you through this, love casts out all fears and I will do the same for you. I know the plans I have for you, and your little gift inside. you are here for a purpose and so is this baby. there is no mistake. So yes, this was what resides in my heart, the peace of God as I move closer to my big day.....he is so amazing. Some days he feels so far away but that's cause we push him away, if he feels distant than we have walked away and need to come back to the river and rest with him. And if we feel like we can't find our own Joy right now, just remember the bible tells us "the Joy of the lord is our strength", so lean on his...he will fill you up, I know because he's doing it for me:)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful Crystal. Yes, God surely DOES have an incredible plan upon your daughter's life. And you have the hat to prove it! ;) Isn't it wonderful how He speaks to us and shows us He's there?

Nadine said...

Great post! So much to soak up from the weekend.