Saturday, April 11, 2009

What this weekend really means

Its just about Sunday....the weekend half way over. Its amazing with how busy life gets and "functions" that we can sometimes forget the reason why we do what we do. Why do we have big family dinner's this weekend and get a stat holiday? just because? nope.. So I am sure for everything this weekend means different things, and different things stand out in their minds.
I think the biggest thing for me that i am trying to hang on to this weekend is the concept of grace. Because really without his death, that is a concept that would not exist.
Even more so, what does that mean in my life. Well there's a couple of things..its not only about being thankful that he saved me and washed me clean...but how I am going to use that example to others. Do we just suck up all of Gods blessings in our lives or do with pass it on and walk in the example that was set for us many years ago? Do I really extend Grace on a continual basis to my family and friends and neighbors around? I would like to think yes, in many situations, but i know there is always room for improvement:) The love that was shared and continues to be shared by him to us is overwhelming at times, and the truth is we don't deserve it. but by Grace its free to us, and that is what is so amazing. So my challenge to you today is do you freely extend Grace to others or does it have to come with a price tag? Do you show the best example of Christs love through this or do we fall in to the vicious relgious trap we get stuck in. The other big concept that I has been preached about to me recently and has been stiring in my head, is how we are called to take care of our brothers and sisters first..and than our neighbors. Are we doing this? To me..they are a great place to start practicing this Grace concept!
Anyways, be blessed and hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend with Family and friends!

No comments: