Friday, June 26, 2009

Almost two weeks old!


Well its hard to believe that we are just a couple of days shy of having miss Addyson in our lives. It definetly has been the craziest two weeks of my life! This week has been an interesting one, as my dear princess has decided that sleeping is not important at this stage in life...but eating every half an hour is:) So yes, this has made for one tired mama the last couple of days. I spoke with a nurse this morning though and she said this is quite normal for this stage in the game. Between two and three weeks these wee ones can take a growth spurt and do whats called cluster eating..where basically for certain periods of the day all they do is eat! She has, lucky me, chosen to do this in the evening and the middle of the night...oh fun:) So yes, I can't say that my body is adjusting to this new lack of sleep, but i know it will get there and hopefully start to stabalize..and hopefully she will start sleeping a bit more;)

It so amazing though experiencing all the first this week. Dave and I took her for a walk last night in her stroller for the first time, and we both were still in shock that we were pushing OUR baby in a stroller..still so surreal. Than today my mom took me to the mall to get out and about and do some shopping, and again, so wierd being out with her in public..makes it more real..especially when she gets gushed over by people;) And she was such a good girl too the whole time...she is going to have to get use to this shopping thing as she is going to be doing a lot more of it!

Wednesday was a big day for her and me as well as I got my staples out and she got her little tongue tie snipped. I know it traumatized the poor thing a bit, but ever since her latch has been so much better! so it was worth it:)

So yes, I am learning this new role of mommy more and more every day..and learning what makes this little monkey tick! She is so loved by us though and everyone around her, and really light up our lives with her eyes, and non purposeful smiles, and how sweet she is...just not so much at 3am! She is a drama queen which is to be expected:)grin, and I know she is going to keep us continueosly entertained...and we are loving watching her grow and change every day!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I love the photos of Addy! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog header! That is my favorite photo of her so far. :-)

Happy two weeks, Addyson! Aunty and Uncle are so happy to have you in our lives. We have been so blessed in the first couple weeks of your life and cannot wait for the rest to come. (ok, I'm tearing up) We love you very much.

Ashley said...

I just found your blog and would like to say Congrats on a beautiful baby girl...

The Samy's said...

Haha, yah its took me a while to get use to the nights of no sleep but I love that time that I get to spend with her, even if my eyes are half open! I fell asleep once while I was feeding her and when I woke up she was sound asleep hahaha. oh well. Cherish every moment cause I can't believe Nevaeh is turning two months at the end of the week....it goes way to quick!!!!
Love the pictures of Addyson, she is SOOO precious and sweet!!!