Sunday, October 25, 2009

A weekend of firsts

This weekend we had a few fun firsts in our household;) One pretty big, and a few that just warmed my heart. The first cute little thing that I just want to record, is Addy's discovery of her hand movement. She found her hand a month or so ago and was quite fasinated by this tiny fist. But this wekeend we saw a big change in the way she now realized that she is so amazing and can make her hand move..wow majic:)*grin* its so sweet to watch her.
The second first that just warmed my heart happened on sat. I went to an all day womans conference with my girlfriends, and daddy D spent his first full day alone with miss Addy...seven whole hours! and might I say he did great!! She has been awesome all week, and so easy to please, that daddy got lucky with a happy clam, and had a great day together:) He even got her down for her two naps..I was quite proud:) but what warmed my heart was after being away from my little peanut for the longest stretch yet, I walked into the door to be greeted with the biggest smile and laugh! I grabbed my girl as she cluthed my hair, and burried her sweet little face into my shoulder...oh mommies home:)! It was one of those moments I dreamed about growing up and about having kids..the look of awe as their mama returns home! warmed my heart;)!

The big step though for my missy this weekend was her first taste of rice cereal...yumm yumm:) it was quite the hit! Proof in the pictures below:)!









5 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, what sweet moments!! You're making me SO excited to become a Mommy!! :)
She seems to really love her rice cereal, that's awesome!

The Samy's said...

So sweet! You sure are growing up quick little Miss Addyson. I am trying Nevaeh on it this week so look for the pics!

Christy said...

She us such a princess!

Nadine said...

Did she use her piggy plate? That smile just melts my heart!

I'll never forget the way she greeted you and give such an "I love you, Mommy" hug. It was one of the most precious moments to date with Addycakes.

Thanks for the date on Saturday! I needed it. *grin*

Crystal said...

No she is saving her piggy plate for when Uncle richie can see her use it:)