Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ten years ago yesterday

Ten years ago yesterday, September 6 2000 my whole life changed. I packed my bags, and came home. Well, technically I left home, but I moved back to the lower mainland which to me was my home. The interior was a temporary stop over for our family, with some good memories, but also a lot of pain. Any other girl out there NOT love her high school years??:) Anyways, it was quite emotional reminiscing of where I was and how far I have come. I look at the 18 year olds i work with and think, wow, I used to be like that, think like that, act like that, wow..has things ever changed. I was no naive, so week, so young, so impressionable, so innocent, but so hopeful for things to come. I don't know if I ever thought I would be here ten years ago, but here I am, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am blessed. There are hard days, and hard circumstance that we are working through in this season of our life, but I know I am blessed and grateful for the amazing people I call my little family. Sometimes I think there is so much I want to do in life, and I have so much to accomplish still. And this is all true, but looking back I also can't believe how much I have done in the past ten years. So here is my list in review, and I am proud of this list, proud of my accomplishments, my successes and failures, because they have all molded me to be the person I am today, and I am proud of this girl, I think she is alright;)

So,
-I have had 8 different jobs
-Attended 3 different schools, one which I completed my Marketing diploma at. One of the best times in my life those two years were!! I would never take those years back.
-I have moved 9 times! yikes!
-Had three different room ates
-Lived on my own
-Lived in the city(LOVED this time!!)
-Owned two places
-Traveled to California a few times, New York, Mexico, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Cuba, Oregon, and Washinton Multiple times!
-Got married
-Had a baby
-Gone back to work after mat leave
-Lived, loved, partied, studied, drank lots of Starbucks, laughed, watched many movies, drank lots of red wine, taken many walks along the beaches and rivers, sat on patios, ate at amazing restaurants, watched gorgeous sunsets, hung out with friends, taken many road trips with friends, planned my wedding, lounged on catamarans, read amazing books, shopped, shopped and shopped some more, grew a big belly, breast fed my baby, snuggled her and loved her more than I thought possible, kissed my husband, loved my husband, laughed with my husband, and loved Jesus the whole way through...wow, life is good...you forget the pains of the day, you don't forget the people you lost, but slowly over time its a warm memory in your heart that's etched on the walls of your soul. The sadness doesn't linger the pain dissipates, and all you hold dear is the love, the memories and the pride you have of saying, I did all this..me..wow, and whats even more exciting is I am just getting started so watch out world, here I come!!

No comments: