Monday, September 15, 2008

God is so good!

Ok, so I am fighting a stupid cold; that is not the highlight of my day:) I hate being sick:(

Anwyays, on to other things. So, basically i have a bunch of random thoughts in my head today.
I am overwhelmed right now by how great God is:) His presence in my life was so strong this weekend, and in such a short period of time, my undestanding of him greatly increased!
I love how God truely does work in mysterious ways.

Dave and i both feel like we are in a very peaceful place, where good change is just around the corner. I am excited, and wait in expectancy for what God is going to do in our lives! I don't know yet, but I can just feel it:)
God really moved this weekend in unique ways and I am so thanful for it!

We went to Broadway church on Sunday because we were out in the Burnaby visiting our siblings. The message was on failure..a touchy subject for me because I do battle with this in my life. My dad always said I was my worst enemy, and I am too hard on myself.. I really felt God releasing some of that this weekend! God opened up my eyes to a new outlook. I was thinking during and after the sermon about area's in my life where i feel like i have failed. And when I thought about such things, like finances, it really hit me, does God really consider these things failures, or am I going by the worlds standards? Anyways, this was really big for me because I really battle it. It also really struck me, how can God help me move forward with the things he wants for my life when I am sitting in guilt and shame for the things I have done in my past? Again is this what God want's for my life? I am thinking no:)

My heart is in a place of receiving new understanding of where God is taking us, and it is so exciting!! I know he's got a plan, I just have to walk in it!!

New things are coming......because I am letting go of the old.....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow Crys, God is really working on your heart! So tough sometimes to keep God's standards and not the world's, or our own even. I'm so glad that He released you from some things that were holding you back, and I'm excited for you as you wait in expectancy for what's next! God IS good! :)

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you as well. And for Dave! God is so good.