Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Beginings

So this year is going to be one of many changes for my little family:) Its growing by one, that's the most exciting part....but i know that's just going to be the begining. I have had a lot of learning curves this past year, and many bubbles burst. But on the other hand i have had new depths of love explored, new securities found, new levels of peace in the storms...ect.
I have a lot of dreams and plans for this year ahead, along with raising a baby. I know, I know, one step at a time:)
I was mentioning to a friend today that one thing that i have missed recently is being creative. Its always been a big part of my life, I am a dreamer, and with life, work, morning sickness, all day sickness, christmas, head colds, winter storms, I feel that side of me has been supressed. so my goal for 2009, to revive it! Now, i am not quite sure how this will look sleep deprived in June, but heck, I am a driven, goal orientated women...I can do it! And nobody burst my bubble please!
the thing about my creativity that i struggle with is that a lot of it is in my head. I am creative with ideas, and plans, but not so much in a hands on kind of way...and what i am learning, is that I am going to have to stretch myself in this area. so that is my plan! One of my bubbles that was burst this year, was the idea of moving. my hubby and I had this brilliant idea when we got married that we would buy our apartment, and in a year when the market went up again, and we were both making more money, we would sell and move into a townhouse. Well, eveything that we planned for, happened, except the market conditions. Now at the rate things are going, we will be lucky if we can sell in 3 or 4 years to break even:) So on to a new plan! When we first moved in i nested like crazy, we were newly weds, buying new things, and I wanted my home to feel like a home. And it did for a while, but than I kind of stopped. well, its time to start up again! There isn't a lot of things to be down, but there are little things I would like to do:) First things first, organize! Since I haven't been feeling well, that's taken a back burner, but I am ready to go, to make our little space liveable with the three of us in it! I am actually really excited to get on this and get going:)
One thing that I am really excited to do now, and to teach my kids, is how to be creative with money and stuff. I am actually really proud of dave and I for how we made our home look as good as it does on a small buck. I want to continue this:) So like I said, i know that this is going to take some hands on creativity! I am looking forward to this new stage in my life and to see where this journey takes me. I will keep you posted on my progress and let you know if its an idea that stays in my head...or one I can actually put into practice:)hehe

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yay for getting organized and freshening up the home....

Shawna said...

Yes, isn't it a great sense of accomplishment!?!?!

Welcome to 2009 - it's gonna be a great year!