Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where did God go?

This is a question that has been on my mind lately. Not in my life, but in everything around me. Not saying that there some days when Definetly put him on the back burner, and forget that HE is suppose to my priority not laundry, not baby, not myself..him. I just have found lately as I have been a soul journey of gaining a deeper and better understand of Christ in my life, that he seems to be missing in so many things where he should be number 1! its hard. Some days more so than others, some conversations harder to be a part of than others..some people harder to be around more more than others, its just hard. I feel like so many people are lost, lonely, materialism focused, getting ahead, making sure their kids have all the best toys, education, sports activities, art classes and dance classes..ect. I am not saying that these aren't all wonderful things, but sometimes I feel like they push God to the end of line instead of being at the front. With Christmas approaching and all the events begining..where will God fit in it for you this year? When did God stop being enough for us?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think God stopped being enough for people, when people's definitions of God began to be defined personally, instead of by organized religions. Everyone's relationship with God is personal and no one person can grasp the extent of one another's connection. We all do things in our own ways, and I believe that God is a supporter of that, individuality.

Nadine said...

I love your thoughts lately, they are making me think!

It's sad to see the state of our world's view on God. Although, I was having a conversation with some ladies at lunch yesterday and surprisingly the people I work with (who are not Christians) have a very strong view of right and wrong. This seems to be where the "world" has lost God. When "we" stopped have a conscience and stopped thinking about other people, "we" lost the core values that our ancestores brought before us. If you think back, our ancestors always believed in God. They believed that God would make the rains come in a drought and that He would give them food on the table. Most of them were some kind of Christ follower.

Personally, I think that it's the media, movies, and TV that have made God disappear. We have become a corrupt world that doesn't think God matters anymore. It's very sad. That's where we get the ideas to have more, want more, and think that the best of everything is the only "things" we need. The world has become so "things" focused that it's corrupted our view of God and giving God the authority to be the pilot of our lives.

I was pondering some thoughts about Christmas and it really came to me that . . . it's not about gifts, it's about celebrating the life of Jesus and about celebrating the family and friends that we have in our lives to make this life worth living. Because when the rubber meets the road, God, Family and Friends are the most important "things" to have in this life. That's what gets us through and makes us who we are, not some silly TV show.