Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dinner Tonight!

So I am sharing a very coveted recipe around here;) So here is the story. I LOVE Cactus Club, its probably my favorite chain restaurant! That is why I am thrilled to know that there is one opening fairly close to us in the near future! woot woot! Spiked frapps.. Im just saying.. Anyways, my favorite thing to eat at this coveted Cactus Club is the Terriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl! Many restaurants have tried to copy, but none come close to this one! So the thing that makes this dish so delish is the spicy yogurt that accompanies it. So one day I did some serious diggin on the lovely internet and have found what I think come pretty close to the real thing. So today i am sharing.. So you need one cup of plain yogurt, 1/4 of mayo, 2 tsp of ranch dip mix, and a 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. we add a little more because we like the heat around here:) Mix together and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Even better I find over night:) mix up your favorite veggies with some chicken, stir fry them up, add some terriyaki sauce. I love the thick one by Golden Dragon I believe is the name, let it simmer with some garlic, maybe some ginger and some red pepper flakes if you dare. Now for the layering. Bowl of rice, drizzle on the yogurt, and than the stirfry on top..and savor every bite!! yummoo...Thats whats about to be in our bellies:)

No comments: