Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday ramblings

Its Tuesday. Tuesday is our tired day. I don't know why, something to do with the day after Monday, still recovering from the weekend that really isn't a weekend in our world, or because its just Tuesday and that's how we role. Its twenty to ten and my baby is just going to bed! Well, she was in bed and proceeded to talk to herself for an hour, so we brought her out of bed, to play in our bed, call random relatives, because that's what she likes to do, and it entertains her parents, and away we go:)! She is in bed now, hopefully sleeping..hoping she sleeps in but I won't hold my breath!

Easter is just around the corner, so I have lots of baking to do in the next couple of days! I am going to attempt to make Paska again, because it is delish! And I want to start more traditions around here. Things to look forward to, things for my kids to look back on with warm memories...

I will also be baking away because we are celebrating Dave's side of the family's birthdays this Sunday in combination with Easter. Its a busy one! The dessert plan, PW's Chocolate Sheet cake and a new recipe for her Vanilla cream cheese cupcakes!

But first there is good Friday..I love good Friday; maybe that is morbid but I do. I don't think I ever make it through a good Friday service without breaking down into tears. I think I am in awe of the sacrifice HE made for me..it overwhelms me, and touches the deepest part of my soul. I am full of gratitude, humility and thanksgiving for what he did for us that day.

Its funny to now that I am a parent, I get it a little more. I get what it means to be willing to do anything for your child..let alone a couple billion of them. I was watching oprah today because I can..and I love her, and the show is almost done..and it was about a 61 year old mother who was a surrogate for her daughter. Its funny, when she was asked if she thought what she did was extra special or something along that lines, she answered no. She just did what any parent would do for their child who they love..so true. And I get that a bit more now. I am still learning and have a long ways to go, but I get it a percent more now that I am a parent. Now that I know there is no greater earthly love, more powerful, more undescrible, more heart wrenching, or painfully rich than the love you feel for your child. So as Friday approaches I am more in awe than ever, and more recieving than ever of the love HE has for me. Because if I don't recieve it, than what was the purpose?? What was it all for??

So those are my ever changing Tuesday thoughts of the day. Tomorrow is wed, I hope to meet a new baby by Thursday, and than its Friday:)

I will be back tomorrow with my summer reading list because I think its going to be a good one!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I totally agree! I was really thinking about how much deeper I feel about Christ's sacrifice for us, now that I'm a mom. My gratefulness has increased because not only do I have the assurance of everlasting life in Heaven, but because of the Cross, Kenzie does too!! I'm tearing up just thinking about that - so thankful!!