Thursday, July 31, 2008

A story to warm the heart:)

Ok so I know this is my second post of the day..but people, learn fast, I have a lot to say:)haha..

Ok, you are going to have to get the kleenex out for this one!

So Dave and I were driving home last night from our two frequently visited places..liquor store(I love red wine!!) and the video store(to continue our lost addiction).
Anyways, we were listening to the radio where they were telling the following story. So there was this little eight year old boy in England who had terminal cancer. I guess through Make a Wish Foundation or something like that he was able to fullfill a couple of dreams, like ride in a porche and Ferrari and have a pirate party! All very exciting things, but there was one dream that he still wanted to have fullfilled:) And that dream was to marry his sweetheart(a classmate of his)!! So, this little angel proposed to his little friend and his mom officiated the ceremony..bride with bridal gown and all..and they were married:) After the "wedding" he said to his mom his heart was at peace now as his dream was fullfilled..and he was now ready to go.
So they next day that little angel passed on and went to heaven....

I am so thankful for every day that I have with David. Sometimes I get so focused on all this stuff I wish we could do, or how we are not furhter a head financially and all lifes distraction.
This story was such a great reminder that not only did God bless me with the love of my life, but I get to spend every day with him!! Shouldn't that be enough??

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Wow, you weren't kidding! Tissues in bulk please! What a sweet little story. Thank you.

Amanda said...

That was a sweet story. It pulled at my heart strings. Thanks Chris.