Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our One Year Anniversary

our One year anniversary was just Yesterday, but we celebrated this past wekeend:)


Saturday morning I received this little gift from my hubby:)

A card in this adorable bag(our wedidng colors) and a cute little thing that said "you mkae the world a better place just by being in it," so sweet, and I am so glad love is blind!haha


This was a nice suprise as well since we already got our anniversary gifts, my new camera and Davids PSP:)


About 3pm on Satuday we headed out to Harrison Hot springs for the night. We checked in and wandered around the hotel. We saw a wedding being set up in the room we got married in, it was a little bittersweet for me, apart of me wished I could do it all over again as it was such an amazing day!

But the other part of me is so thanful to be where we are now:)





We Hung out in the room for a bit, watched a movie and got ready for our dinner reservations at the Copper Room! What a cool place;) It reminds me of a fifties dinner club. A live band, dance floor, great food....all in all a great experience and I would love to go back!






This is a picture of David and I just about to head out to dinner, all dressed up for our big night out!








This is me..in my little black dress ready to go to dinner:)








This is David chilling in our room....and yes there are two beds, thats all they had left!haha!




The beautiful view of harrison lake from our hotel room!






More shots of the beautiful lake!


After dinner we went into the lovely indoor pools for a bit, than headed back to the room for the night:) We ended up sleeping in till 10:45am..and check out was at 11am, woops:) I have never gotten ready so fast in my life!! We had lunch at the lake side cafe and headed to abbotsford for some serious mini golf, and Skee bowling and Castle Fun Park, yes its true we love that place! Followed by some yummy appy's at Milestones. All in all a wonderful weekend together:)

Yesterday, after work we were pretty tired. Both sets of parents dropped by around the same time to drop off cards, so we chatted with them for a bit, than ordered my favorite, Thai Chicken Pizza from Boston Pizza, curled up in bed and watched a movie..it was great!!!




This first year of marriage was such an amazing adventure, it had its ups and downs, thankfully more ups than anything. Getting married definetly doesn't make life easier, but its so awesome to share each moment with your best friend, and have someone to hold your hand through this journey. I wouldn't change it for anyhting in the world. I can honestly say that I love my husband more today than yesterday, and that is a great feeling:)







3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Annniversary! Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend :) So happy to know and hear how in love you are and that marriage and love keeps getting stronger and deeper. First of many to come!!

The Samy's said...

Congrats! I was thinking about you on "our anniversary" Glad to hear that you guys had such a blessed day and looks like you enjoyed every minute of it.

Amanda said...

Happy 1st Anny! I love that hotel too....so glad you got married there! AND isn't the Copper Room great! Expensive but SO worth it! Yummy and a great experience! Glad you and David had a great weekend!