Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jesus My King

Sunday we had a guest preacher at church. He is one of the youth pastors at one of the churches in town. I have to say I was quite impressed with this young mans message:) And it really got my thinking of this truth that he spoke of.

So here is my summary in my words; my thoughts on the subject.

There are two very different views the bible gives us of christ. There is Christ our friend, friend of sinner, lover of our souls. This is a very important concept to grasp and what really makes that personal relationship we have with christ real. He is my best Friend, as many of us say. I talk with him, walk with him, listen to him, cry out to him..he is there, and by grace I am free to have that unique relationship with him. This title of friend makes our relationship with Christ somewhat casual, which i have always appreciated, and one of the things that I love about my savior. Comes as you are, they tell us, and most times, that's how I present myself to him. Broken, humble, unrighteous, at fault, sinful, real...just me. And I know beyond of a shadow of a doubt thats how he wants me to be; that is how he created me to be, just me. As I know, I was created in his image, which some days is such a hard concept to grasp. But on the other end of this scale, sometimes I truely believe, especially in our generation and the ones coming up, we have abused this relationship. Sometimes we cross that line and treat him like we do anyother friend. We take advantage of him, munipulate him, don't defend his honor, don't keep our commitments to him, don't respect his values and morals when we are in his presence, which is always. we take the lords name in veign without even uttering a word. We break his heart as we bring him to our level. We abuse Grace on a daily basis, and forget the price that was paid in order for us to receive this amazing gift, and a gift is what it is!!
I now, more than ever as a mother I am just starting to finally grasp a hair of what my lord did for me that day when he let his son hang on that cross. There is no greater loss than that of a child, and that is why that and that only is the sacrifice he made..so where am I going with this?? well, as i said at the begining of this note, there are two very important roles Christ is to play in our lives, our friend..yes, but there is another huge role that he is to play in our lives that I feel so many days we forget. That christ, is my king. not just the king of kings and lord of lords..but MY king, YOUR king. So what do you think of when you think of a king..I know I think of powerful words such honor, respect, awe, reverence..do we attach those words to our relationship with christ? I was a womans conference a few months back and the speaker was talking about the path to beauty. The one major factor that makes us beautiful is having the fear of God in our lives. People have misconstrude that concept for many years, but what it truely means, what it really really means to fear God, is to have the utmost, powerful, fall to your knee's reverence to him...do we have that? Do we worship him as our king??? As his birthday approaches next week I pray that we all can remember that we are not just celebrating our savior, or friends birthday, but our Kings birthday. I know we talk a lot, especially lately with the economy about not putting emphasis on gifts but focus on the real meaning of Christmas and spending time with family, ect. But as you do exchange gifts, if you do exchange gifts, think and remember the first christmas gifts given. They were not handed to the baby Jesus as a have to, or I will put it on my credit card, or to do it because...they were given in reverence, to the king of all kings, of us, of you and me. My heart is challenged this week, to bring a new level or reverence to my father, my king. I am not sure yet how that looks every day, but I am on a path to discover as he deserves it more than anything..he deserves everything.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks Crystal....preach it girl!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Great word, my friend!!

I too, totally agree. I think a lot of the reverence of Christ has gotten lost in the casual-ness of our generation. Which is part of why I'm still a fan of dressing up for church - it's not about the clothes, it's a way to show respect and honour to the King of Kings. I know God looks at our hearts and that's most important, but I don't want to lose the reverence - and for me, outward presentation is one of the ways to hold onto that, just how you would dress up on your wedding day to present yourself as a bride to your husband, or if you were to meet the president, you'd dress for the occasion.

It's incredible to think of how many roles God plays - best friend, King, Father, Daddy, Mother - He can fill every role and every void.

I hear you about being more in awe than ever before at the sacrifice our God made by sending his ONLY son to be sacrificed for our sins. Wow.