Friday, December 11, 2009

A Split Second

A split second changes everything, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.
We were all set to go out tonight to a church christmas production. All day I had this not right feeling in my stomach but figured it was just my nerves as the snow flakes were kissing my windshield, a sight that is beautiful but not pretty on the roads. Ever since my car accident three winters ago, my nerves get shaky during this time of year. But as the evening approached the snow was staying away we got ready to go. We headed over to my parents place to drop of the princess. Just before we were about to walk out the door, their phone rang. as we listened to the message, we knew good news was not on the other end, so my mom ran and picked it up. It was one of those phone calls you dread getting...did you hear....so in so was in a car accident and died on impact. my heart sank. The person we lost was an old family friend. His dad was my dads associate pastor at our church in Vancouver. he was 21..6 years younger than me, 60 years taken to soon. This was a boy who broke the odds. He was born with a medical condition that almost took his life at a young age, but God spared it...so why now? these are all the questions we ask. but we thank God that he is with his father now...

The moment the phone call ended the tears ran down my face. I knew I couldn't leave. To sad to go anywhere like a production, and to fearful to get in a car and drive a far distance on the highway and most importantly to far from my baby. I think i will just keep her close to me the next couple days, weeks, years! its so wierd now being a mom, and hearing of these losses...it hits so much harder. because that was someones baby, and that thought is unimaginabal.

So pray four our friends, pray for this family as this grief will be overwhelming especially at what is suppose to be such a special time of year...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I've been thinking and praying for you guys and your family friends since I heard the news on Friday night. So tough to understand these things... all we know is that God is good ALL the time.