Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer reads...

I love reading in the summer time. Well, actually, I love reading all year. But there is something so special about sitting out on the porch with an ice cold coffee in hand, flipping through glorious pages of literature while baby sleeps; thats my happy place;) So I thought I would share what has been on my reading list for the summer!

I just finished reading unburdened. And let me tell ya, if you want to change, if you want to be challenged and made new in him, read this!!! I loved it!! From the way it was written, how the insight just popped off the page and into my heart, I loved it! I have such a deeper understanding of how God wants to carry our weights for us. He isn't going to make things easier, but he does promise to help us through our dark times, and carry the load for us. Anyways, there is so much more that I learned from this book that I could go on and on about, but just get a copy and read it yourself, you won't regret it!


I love Emily Giffin. I love her writting, her stories, Just love them! So when I saw she had a new book out while we were in the states last month I had to snag it up. It was a page turner like all her other books, but it was a heavy read. it deals with infidelity, and the heart of relationships, which I like, but i know some people have a hard time reading this kind of stuff. Which I totally understand. Anyways, it is an interesting read; very real though. Not a light one!

I skipped a picture for this one, but I also just recently finished reading 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I don't know if you have ever read her stuff, and if you haven't, you should! Again, her books are not light reads, they are heavy moral delima books, but so well written, so fasinating, and such page turners!!! I have read many of her books, and I would say I haven't been disappointed yet!!
And this is what I am currently reading. I had never heard of Jane Green till recently she was interviewed for her new book, and was refered to as the queen of Chick Lit, so I had to check her out, as I love Chick Lit! I have just started reading this book, and so far I really like it! I picked up one more of hers too from our used book store in town that I adore!! So I will keep you posted on what I think of her by the end:)!
So what is on your summer reading list????

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Thanks for the personal insight...I have to say, I have a few authors that I love, but most of the time if I'm looking for a new read I pick it based on is cover...not soley, but pretty much! I have a new author that I love named Kristin Hannah! You should check her out! Hope you're doing well, and that Addy of yours grows more and more beautiful by the second!

Crystal said...

Thanks, she is such a joy:)

I just checked Kristin out and her books sound interesting. let me know which ones you like!

Jessi said...

I've read the Winter Garden, Dean and I both cried through the last 50 pages (he made me read then outloud as he was so intrigued by what I had told him it was about and True Colors was such a beautiful story...just finished that one last week. I just ordered Firefly Lane on Amazon.com this morning!