Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mini project

For Addyson's first birthday We "borrowed" some chairs from my parents place, and have failed to return them yet;)*grin* My parents have so many of these white ones that we thought we would keep a few;) So four have stayed at our place and work well in our little backyard. We don't have a patio set yet, but I would like one for the backyard, as we have two chairs upstairs on our little baclony where we love to sit on these gorgeous summer nights and drink under the stars;) So with the $$ situation being tight I really need to start getting creative. So my thinking is this; spice up these white old chairs, get my mom to help me(meaning pick out the material with my mom and get her to make) make some cushions for these chairs, and keep our eyes open for a used cheap round patio table that I can spice up to match..and whalla, I will have a patio set for bbq's and card night with friends:) So, I picked up a lovely $6 can of spray paint this weekend and away I went! I made the mistake of spraying on the stone area first, and did not impress Dave as now we have some silver stones..whatever:)! But I learned from my mistake and moved to the grass and managed to get two chairs done, and I think they look snazy, new and improved! I was quite proud of myself, and think I might get addicted to the power of spray paint:)! stay tuned for more stuff in the future I think!

Before!



After!






2 comments:

Jessi said...

They look great! I'll keep my eye out for a patio table for you guys...Superstore is having a huge clearance on all their summer stuff!

Crystal said...

Thanks Jessi, and if you hear of anyone selling a cheap small deep freeze, let me know too:)! Since you are the queen of finding this stuff!