Thursday, August 5, 2010

Its in the details

We haven't been inspired to do much painting around our house since we moved in. We painted the two bathrooms upstairs as the color was, well, ugly, so they needed to be painted. And maybe in the fall when the paint wont melt off the walls we will continue with some other rooms.
So for now, Addyson's room had to be decorated with details, as the paint color is quite neutral. Again to save $$ I have been trying to keep it simple but to add a few fun things. And oh does this girl love stuff on her walls. She is such a little smarty pants already and will point to anything new on the wall as she knows that wasn't there before!

First...I was finishing addyson's one year scrapbook and had purchased this peice of paper. But I decided that it was too cute to scrapbook over so I came up with the idea to frame it. So off to Michaels we went and I found this scrapbook frame for 40% off, so the whole cost for this picture and frame was $8! And she loves to point to it and ask what it is! I think its pretty cute;)




This clock Dave picked out. We thought it was so cute and very fitting for a wee girl who has no concept of time! yet, that is:)

I found this wall decals at Home Depot and I love them! They are textured, and bright and glossy and oh so much fun!



These letters were given to Addyson when she was born but came in white. So I decided to paint them pink with white poka dots..I love them:) And had lots of fun painting them too!



This Chandelier...oh this chandelier..well this one wasn't in the budget, but her birthday gift from her Nana and Papa, and I adore it, and so does she!


So there you have a little taste of our sweet girls room. We decided one of the reasons we don't want to paint either because one day she will be moving into the room next door, so we will wait to paint her big girl room instead! but not yet!! she is NOT a big girl yet, even if she thinks she is sometimes, I will keep my baby a little longer thank you very much!




3 comments:

Christy said...

CUTE room! I so loved decorating Denay's new room.

cathy said...

Oooh! SO cute. May I ask where your parentals found that chandelier? I am looking for two-3 of them for our place!

I am glad your transition back to work has gone smoothly!

Crystal said...

she got it at chinz and company! they got it at the one in victoria but there is also one downtown vancouver;) The picture doesn't do it justice but its beautiful!