Monday, March 8, 2010

The craziness continues!

Here's a picture of what our place looks like right now...nice, no???:)! It looks like this because we are moving!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! These last two and a half months have been crazy for us! which seems to be a constant thing in our life, but even more so than normal. Dave has been busy in school and completed that the middle of February and we went right from that to trying to buy a place. There are lots of details that I won't get into about how we managed to finally get to this place, but we are here. in TWO weeks, we will be moving from our first home together, our first home purchased together..and well, a lot more firsts happened here:)...but we are now moving on to bigger and better things! We say goodbye, but not so much, as we are renting it out:) but we are moving on and up in the world..literally, we are moving up the hill! We are moving from a 900 square foot apartment to over 2000 square feet of townhouse living!! For those who know us well no how hard this journey has been. To be honest living in our apartment has been probably thee biggest stressor in our marriage over the past two and a half years. One of the reasons, and probably the biggest reason is that we have had the most horrible people living above us..ok, well horrible in the sense that they are so loud!! One little monkey has sounded like ten elephants running over our heads for the past two years!! And soon, no more! there have been many other little things, and lets face it, three people in 900 square feet..well its tight at times. Especially to as I am married to a carpenter, not so ideal when your laundry room has doubled as a tool shed! So I can't wait!! I cant wait to not have to truck across the parking lot with baby and groceries, now I get to park my car in the garage, walk into the hallway and right into the kitchen..bliss! I can't wait to walk into my house and not smell my hubbies stinky work clothes every day. I can't wait to have FOUR bathrooms!!! I don't even care that I have to clean four bathrooms, I can't wait to go from ONE bathroom to FOUR!!! I cant wait to have people over, as now we will have space and i won't be embarrased of the lack of space, or noise..or other things. God is so good..and though it seems like this day was never going to get here, I know its just around the corner!!! It doesn't seem real yet in so many ways, I am sure it might not hit me till we are out of here and sleeping in our new master bedroom! I am ready, so ready for this change. Stay tuned for lots more in our lives as this spring is going to be a busy one! Stay tuned after this weekend, as we are going on a quick getaway to regroup recoup..and come back ready to move!!
Oh and just a little picture of our favortie person!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

She just keeps looking more like daddy!
BIG congrats on the house.....how VERY exciting. God is good!

Jessi said...

Congratulations! I bet you're already arranging furniture in your sleep-imagining where everything will go, so exciting! And yes, Christy...We do serve the most incredibly generous God!

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you guys. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help! I can take Addy for you if you want!