Friday, March 26, 2010

Crazy Love Continued!

So i finished this book last week, and yes I will say its a must read! Very convicting, a little overwhelming, somewhat extreme, but something to survive for. The one thing that the author Francis Chan talks about is giving. His church gives 55% of their income away! can you believe that??? But what I love, is they started with 3% and build from there. So for us who aren't in that position of life yet, and my philosophy is give till it hurts, well we do what we can..and I know we need to push for. I also believe that giving isn't just cash; its time, energy, love, a hug, kind words, acts of services..giving is showing love in any and every form. So my encouragment would be do it the way you can! Use the resources God has given you in whatever form that comes in. Who knows the doors it will open up. And LOVE....and again, like I said in my last post on this book, I am still on a journey of understanding to the full capicity of what that means...but i love learning every day!! and I am practicing on my family every day:) I guess it goes back to the principles of Corinthians 13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

No comments: