Friday, March 26, 2010

Food Revolution!

Ok, here is my six post of the day, but of course you are probably reading this one first, so scroll down for more;)



I don't know if any of you have heard about this or watched this show, but it is definitely fascinating stuff. Jamie Oliver, a favorite cook of mine has started a food revolution in the states. He is starting in the most unhealthy city in the states, and let me tell ya, its quite scary. First of all the feed kids pizza for breakfast at the schools!!What???? Anyways, Its all about trying to bring some nutrition into these kids lives. Especially since they don't know what a vegetable is???!!! Anyways, this was the second thing i saw on this today. I don't usually watch to much daytime television, but it was one of those Fridays, so i caught Oprah which had Jamie on, and Bonnie Hunt, with a special guest talking about the same thing. Did you know that there are 45 some odd ingredients in Burger kings Chicken strips??? Seriously?? when you could make them at home with five easy ingredients!!! Anyways, I pride myself on cooking a lot at home. Actually more than most people do. But we do have a few bad habits. I like chips:) Which I am trying to eat less of, and since stopping breastfeeding my cravings are down big time, so that is helping! But I do buy M and M chicken strips, and run through Wendy's once in a while. Anyways watching what they use to make chicken mcnuggets, and don't even get me started on what they use to make fish fillet at mcDonalds. lets just say I am thankful I have NEVER eaten one! Anyways, its just made me more conscious of not being lazy and sticking to cooking from scratch. Than at least I know what is going in my body and my families! so If you have time, check out this show on Friday nights on ABC:) there is my plug for the day, to bad I don't get paid for it:)*grin*

No comments: