Monday, February 2, 2009

No One thought Boy!

So I didn't really have a chance to give detail on our fabulous friday... a week and a bit ago of finding out the sex of this little monkey:) What an awesome day it was! It was such a neat experience just enjoying that moment and soaking it all in....and of course telling everyone! But here is the crazy part of this story. So when the doctor caim in and of course asked the question I am so sick of being asked....do want a boy or a girl? and we gave him the same answer we give everyone, and how we truley feel, we don't care, we are just so thankful that so far everything looks healthy! after that I did say, but....I can tell ya what everyone thinks it is. He asked, and I said a girl...and I mean everyone! He laughed and said, oh well they are pretty smart! I just started laughing. Because I knew what was to come next;) I have to say everyone being so adimit on what this little one kind of stole my thunder...but at the same time I still overwhelmed how so many people had such strong feelings as to what it was. So my brother and sister in law were on their way out for the evening so my first thought was I will wait till they get out here to my parents and tell all of them. So we thought we would try swinging by Dave's parents to tell them..and of course the one time they aren't home! So I called my mom because I had to tell someone. Now they live two minutes away from us and my in laws...but i couldn't even get to the house...she needed to know on the phone right away! So I told her, and she screamed..."I knew it"! The first of many of this response;)hehe So she said with tears in her eyes come over..so we did:) We were greeted with a hug and a row on the table of baby girl clothes! SHe was serious when she said she knew it:) So after that we were going to go down to the church to tell my dad. While we were driving we saw my dad drive by. We called him and said we were just on the way to tell him the sex...all he said was "hows my granddaugter?"....cheeky monkey!
So we drove to Dave's sister's place to tell her, and again got a big "I knew it" and a handful of girl clothes! Later on we told my brother and his wife...same response, my in laws...same response! Seriously....was anyone suprised:)
LIke I said, I am overwhelmed at how strong of feelings everyone has had about our little one, and all I can think is, man, does God ever have a plan for her! He really did know her before she was created....and if not this, than God really does have a really good sense of humor and come June..our little girl will actually come out as a boy! and than we will all have a really good laugh!

Anyways, thats our story of our special day...and really no matter what this little one is, one that I will always cherish, and I know as soon as I see this baby's face I will be in love, and thats all that matters!!

6 comments:

Christy said...

That is such a sweet story Crystal! Almost made me cry....congratulations again!

Nadine said...

Ok, Auntie is crying! HAHA Love you all so very much! God definately has a plan for your/our little princess.

Amanda said...

Good, I'm not the only one crying!
Crystal, I can't wait for you to have that moment of first seeing your baby's face. What an incredible time. God is going to use your daughter in special ways.

Laura said...

Too funny how everyone knew. I haven't told you this part... but before I knew I was thinking boy, just because I can see you with a boy (probably because I've only really ever seen you with baby boys) but then the night before you told me, I had a dream that you were having a girl - and I knew that's what little Nemo would be! Definitely, God has huge plans for this precious little girl. Oh, that moment when she is born and you get to meet her face to face... I think that must be the most awesome moment in a mother's life. Can't wait 'til June!! :)

The Samy's said...

What a sweet story! I love it. I am so excited for you and your little precious princess!

Shawna said...

Fabulous! That little girl is going to have quite the following!

Congratulations on your first little girl!