Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 looking forward, 2009 Reflecting Back:)

Ok, baby is sleeping so I have a few moments to do this! I wanted to do a quick recap of the year for myself to look back and remember. I also have loved the trend I have seen on other blogger friends pages where they choose a word for 2010..so here is both. First I saw this lovely recap questionare on a few blogger friends pages, so I thought I would copy and follow suit..so here we go! Following I will tell my word for 2010!

1.What did you do in 2009 that you haven't done before??

-Well this one is easy, had a baby!

2. Did you keep your new years resolution and will make more for this year?

-Don't remember, and no!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

-Yup! Aimee, helena, nicole, Kristi, and Heather..it was a busy couple of months!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

-Yes, we lost my grandfather in May 2009.

5. What countries did you visit?

-Nothing exciting, just a quick border hop a couple of times;)

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

-A bigger place to live;)

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

-The day my grandfather died and the day my princess was born!! It was a full circle...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

-Surviving 12 hours of labour without an epidural, yes I had one, but only seconds before my c-section, and being a mom! I don't think I will accomplish anything greater in my life than being a mom, accept being a mother of two, or three...or...oh wait..we aren't going past that number;)

9. What was your biggest failure?

-Failure is a word a battle a lot. I feel like I fail all the time. The biggest thing I battled, and felt LIke I had failed at was giving birth. Any post partum that i had after having Addyson was in relation to having a c section. For the longest time I felt like i had failed. As a woman, as a person as a mom, I felt I let myself and everyone around down. This is something I still battle, and may always have it hanging over my, but I working through it..and I no longer attach the failure word to it!

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?

-Nope, just all the yucky stuff that comes with being pregnant and having a c section:)

11. What was the best thing you bought?

-Our new computer..we get lots of use out of it! and, well we didn't buy it, but our stroller...I love my BOB, and have gotten tons of use out of it!!!

12. Who's behavior meritted celebration?

-This is a hard one..there are a lot of people who have amazed me at moments this year. I don't think I can choose one!

13. Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?

-Unfortunatly, as many people who have impressed me there have been many tough moments too with many let downs..but we have overcome, and are moving forward, and that is what matters!

14. Where did most of your money go?

-Where do I begin! Well, baby, government, down the toilet:)

15. What did you get really really excited about?

-Giving birth to my baby girl, and meeting her for the first time, as well as all of my other little people that came into my life this year...i have been so blessed:)!

16. What song reminds you of 2009?

-Well there are two! Chris Browns Forever, and I got a feeling from the black eye peas! they keep me going, and dancing!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder (b) thinner or fatter (c) richer or poorer?

-I am a million times happier, a little fatter, and definetly poorer!!!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

-oh, again, where do I begin. Pray, ready my bible, exercise, eat healthier, smile, kiss my hubby, laugh...

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

-Look at the glass have empty, and beat myself for things.

20.How did you spend Christmas?

-With family..where else:)

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

-I fell in love with this little peanut who took over my world, so quickly, and with her daddy, as well, in my personal opinion, nothing is sexier than watching the man you love become a daddy!

22.What was your favourite TV program?

-Again, where do I begin!!hehe ok, greys anatomy, private practice, Glee, House, Big Bang Theory and the Good wife. Oh and brothers and sisters and desperate housewives..oh my, I am a tv addict!!yikes!

23. What was the best book you read?

-The Glass Castle! Highly, highly recommed it!!!

24. What was your greastest musical discovery?

-umm, Addison Road, and Jesus culture music!

25. What did you want and get?

-A beautiful healthy baby girl:)

26. What did you want and not get?

-To move into a bigger place.

27. What was your favorite film of the year?

-I actually thought this was a crappy year for movies. But, I would have to say, The ugly truth, the proposal, the blind side, and love happens..yup, chick flicks!! I am sure I am missing some:)

28. What did you do on your birthday and how old are you?

-I turned 27 and we went to seattle for the weekend with my brother and SIL.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

-Taking a tropical vacation and moving into a bigger place..see the theme:)

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

-umm, well it started with whatever fits:)..I was pregnant for half the year. And now its, whatever fits and I can afford. Buying a whole new wardrobe on a very tight budget is tricky, but my success happens at superstore and Forever 21! I just want clothes to be fun!!

31. What Kept you sane?

-My hubby and my family:)

32. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

-umm, not sure..

33. Who do you miss?

-I miss my grandparents and them not meeting my daughter.

34. Who was the best new person you met in 2009?

-ok, well this is kind of crazy for me, but really, no one! I seem to always be meeting new people and changing place, but not this year...and i kind of like it:)!

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009

-I could write a book on this one. But the biggest thing I learned in 2009 was I learned how to be content. And it is the best feeling in the world. So many things fall into place, and I have gained a whole new persepective on life by getting this concept!


OK, now for my word for 2010.....its CREATE. I have always been a pretty creative artsy person. Grew up around music, arts, loved to color, design, paint, scrapbook..ect. but over the past decade those things kind of got put on the shelf as pursued other things. But I really feel that I have been building my role as a for now, stay at home mom, these things are starting to blossom again, and I am excited! I have lots of neat projects I am working on right now, and a few fun classes I am going to be taking over the next couple of months that i am really excited about! So as i walk this journey, I will try and post things as I learn and grow! But being creative isn't just in the tangible sense. I also want to create, a better home, filled with more love, security, joy, ect..for my hubby and my girl...I am so excited for this year and things to come. We have some big hurdles ahead that I am terrified of on some level, but I am trusting my KING as I know he will provide...and I will just pursue what he has called me to!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Fun! I like reading these :) I felt like you did... there was definite themes going on with the answers!

Create is a good one!

I feel the same... this year is daunting and scary in many ways! More reason to trust that our heavenly Father is providing for us and watching over us - in every detail of our lives! :)