Thursday, January 14, 2010

While baby sleeps...

So while baby sleeps I have been working on a few projects around here. One of them being learning my new digital scrapbooking program which I have been having lots of fun with! I am doing my cuba album as I haven't scrapbooked that yet! I am doing Addyson's first year book by hand and will continue to do so, but after that, on to digital I think! I still like doing the old fashioned way so I think i will still do some small books, and cards, but for the majority of it, this is the way I am going to go!
I have also been having fun learning my camera and playing with my FIL's SLR..old film style;) I still would love to take a basic course one day, just for myself as i want to be able to take lots of good shots of my family through the years! I was quite proud of myself last week as I learned how to do a blurry background with my little point and shoot! check it out..again, quite proud:)*grin*



The other big thing I have been working on around here is for my granny. Cleaning out her house after my grandfather died last spring was quite the ordeal! over sixty years of memories all over the place. She now lives in my aunts basement suite, its quant but small. So what do you do with all that stuff?? Well, most of its gone, but all those pictures, I couldn't let her let them go. So I have taken on the task of organizing them all, pulling them all out of the old albums, organizing them, and than I am going to put some in albums and the rest in photo boxes. Its turned out to be quite the project as you can see from my dining room table!


So those are just of the few side things that I have been up to this rainy January:)
One of the things that I found while going through all this stuff was the newspaper clipping of my grandparents wedding announcement! So crazy, with details such as what her dress was made out of, her flowers, and a list of many of the guests!! Can you tell they were from a small town way back in the day????:) Looking at all these pictures, seeing my relatives so young..so full of life makes me wish I could jump into that picture and see what they were like back than. To watch my grandparents and parents date, grow up, be kids..wouldn't that be interesting??

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love projects! This post makes me smile.....is there anything more satisfying than organization?!?

Laura said...

Great projects, Crystal! :) Wow, that is a ton of photos! It will be so rewarding and special to your Granny when it's all done. I agree, how cool would it be to join your family when they were our age? I think it's really special that you're seeing all those photos and getting a glimpse into their life.