Thursday, January 21, 2010

Korean BBQ Flank Steak and sour slaw salad

Here is fantastic dish I made last night from my new cookbook:)! I try to make it my plan to try one new recipe a week..so this was this weeks! Its got some heat, so if you like hot and spicy foods this one is for you! Delish!!!



Ingredients

1 tbsp of McCormicks Meontreal steak seasoning
1/4 tamari(Dark aged soy sauce)
2. tbsp of honey
2 tsp of red pepper flakes
4 large garlic cloves
2 tsp of seasame oil
Vegetable oil for drizzling(I use Extra virgin olive oil)
2 pound flank steaks(I used striplion)
Cabbage(I used the coleslaw mix)
1/2 red pepper
salt

Directions

In a shallow dish, combine the grill seasoning, tamari, 1 tbsp of the honey, 1 tsp of the red pepper flakes, half the chopped garlic, the sesame oil, and a drizzle of oil. Couat the steaks and let stand for 10 minutes.

Preheat an indoor grill, a stovetop grill pan, or an outdoor grill to medium heat. When the grill pan or grill is screaming hot add the meat and cook for 5 min on each side for medium rare or 7 to 8 minute on each side for medium well.

Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of the oil, the coleslaw mix, and the pepper. Season with salt and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a drizzle of the honey, the remaining red pepper flakes, and the remaining garlic and toss to combine with the cabbage.

To serve, let the meat rest for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute. thinly slice the meat on the heavy angle against the grain, pile of the slaw, top with the sliced korean steak and serve.

I also made risotto to go with it because i love my carbs..its was delish, oh, and a fantastic glass of red wine isn't to shabby either t0 add on the side;)

4 comments:

Jessi said...

yummy! this sounds so delicious that it might be on our menu this weekend!

The Samy's said...

Yummo! I might try this next week! Thanks Crystal

Crystal said...

Glad to pass along! let me know what you think!

Christy said...

I want steak now! MMmmmmm.......