Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Learning Curves:)

Why do long weekends fly so fast??!! It so hard coming back to work after three great days off! We had a wonderful weekend around our area which involved a great time with friends, family, golfing and of course the lake!! we celbrated my mom's birthday two weeks early on Sunday, as they will be away on vacation next week! So I had the honor of making mom's birthday dessert...her request, a blueberry pudding cake, it was delicious:) I will post the recipe tomorrow!! So, through all our fun activites this weekend..I learned some new interesting things about my crazy husband. fact number one..after lunch on Sunday for mom's b-day, the six of us(mom, dad, my brother Richard and SIL Nadine, david and I) headed to Tap ins putting course at Cultus Lake. Well, the owner their has befriended the cutest duck who he has named daisy. he even has a food and water dish which she follows him into the club house to make sure he fills it up enough:) Well, after meeting Daisy, David informs me that he want's a pet duck. hmmm. I think we need a farm:) He didn't just mention this once, but frequently this weekend. I wonder if that's in the strata rules?? I told him we could be like chandler and joey off of friends!
Ok, fact two, and reality check, David will not be naming our kids!! So over dessert our family got into a little discussion about baby names for future, way in the future!!, grandkids:) It was quite an interesting and fun converstaion that my husband managed to turn into quite the comedy hour..ok so ready for the two names he's decided on.....Cracker and Sun, thats right:) ok, so he's joking but seriously, creativity taken to a new level!! Cracker, I think he had to much "Sun" that day. And Sun, well he got that from our addiction Lost:)
Oh, how I love my hubby and all his quirks:)

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!! Oh, and I love everyone posting recipes on their blogs...great way to share new ideas..Oh, and I promise I will work on taking more pics, so you don't have to always read my ramblings:)!!

No comments: