Friday, August 29, 2008

The Value of a Friend


Last night was our third girls night out, and of course was a great night! We headed to our new spot, Brown's social club in Langley and than off to Traveling Sisterhood pants 2..I highly recommend getting some girls together and going, so cute:)

These girls nights have been such a blessing in my life and I know others. Old friends getting together, new friendships formed..its such a gift. SO I found these qoutes today on friendship and thought I would share. My challenge to you today is to go out of your way to bless a friend, or tell someone in your life how thankful you are for them. Friends need to encourage and uplift..carry eachothers burdens to make the load a little lighter:) have a blessed weekend...xo

"Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God's best gifts. It involves many things, but above all, the power of going out of one's self, and appreciating whatever is noble and loving in another."

To have a good friend is one of the highest delights of life.-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficultto leave, and impossible to forget....G. Randolf

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of thosewho are throughout persuaded of each other's worth....Robert Southey.

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we areloved for ourselves. Victor Hugo

The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover. Joseph Addison

The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, love, do not require coupons. G.T. HewittIf

we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love our friends for their sakes rather than for our own.-- Charlotte Bronte

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. like love It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give valueto survival. C.S. Lewis friendship qoutes

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. Anais Nin

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. Martin Luther King

Friendship is love withunderstanding... Proverb

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I was able to come last night but it just didn't work out! Next time I hope! Thanks for always organizing the night Chris. You ARE an amazing friend and I value YOU and your friendship so much. We may not see eachother as often as I would like or as often as we used to but you are as important to me nontheless. I love you.

Jessi said...

I had a great time, thanks for including me...it's so nice to get out amongst Godly women and just have a good, relaxing and fun time! Can't wait for the next one! Love, Jessi

Nadine said...

It has been a blessing to me to become your sister. It has also been a huge blessing to be introduced to a great group of girls, that are becoming my friends. Thank you Crystal for making me a part of your friend community! XOXO

Laura said...

I'm so thankful for you and our friendship! I'm really enjoying these Girl's Nights too - full of laughter, fun and good talks. Oh, and yam fries! :) Thanks for the reminder of how valuable friends are, you and the other girls sure add a lot to my life and I am so grateful to you!! God is so good