Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Ugly Truth about the Ugly Truth:)


Daddy D and I went on our first real date since Addy was born..we went out for sushi and a movie;) I lasted four hours away from my baby girl...I was quite proud of myself, but so happy to give her kisses when we got home!!
Anyways, for date night Dave and I went and saw the ugly truth:) Thats right, I dragged my man to a chick flick! So my review on this movie is mixed..the title of my post sounds harsh, but I just thought it was catchy;)hehe This wasn't your typical pg 13 romantic comedy..it was definetly adult only..one of those movies you know you shouldn't be laughing but you can't help yourself. Well, I have to say that between the over crudeness and bluntness..and some inappropriateness...I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long time! It was a well paced movie with lots of laughs..katherine is adorable, and Gerard butler plays the shovenist pig very well! So if you don't mind crudeness..its definetly worth seeing..however if you want to keep your ears a little more pure..wait till it comes out on tv and is a little bit more appropriate;) all in all though we had a great night out together!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Good to know and good for you for getting away with your man!

Laura said...

Good for you guys, going out on a date! I'm proud of you :)
Lisa and Wes saw the movie too, and said it was really rude. I was disappointed to hear that, I've really been looking forward to it! Although I make no promises not to see it...
"The Time Travellers Wife" comes out on Aug 14 and looks SO good! If Dave doesn't want to see it, we should plan a girls night!

Crystal said...

haha. that's funny, I was already bugging him about that one! So I think yes, a girls night will be needed:)

Laura said...

Okay, so Josh and I saw the movie :) And, ran into Steve and Katie while we were there! Us 4 promised to just laugh when we felt like and it to not feel bad! haha. And we thought it was super funny... is that bad? ;) Yes, it was a bit much at times, but still funny!

Girls night it is! Josh and I saw the preview for the Time Travellers Wife and he said they tell you the whole story in the preview. Perhaps slightly true... but it makes me tear up! So I think it'll be really good.

Crystal said...

I agree I think it will be great..and i know we laughed so hard too!hehe