Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yummy Banana Crumb Muffins

So this is Friday's post but I am writting it tonight as my peanut is sound asleep...ahh:) Sweet sleeping baby*grin*

Anyways, I made these this afternoon..I think I set a record for taking the longest to make these suckers in between holding a baby and breastfeeding:) but I got them done!! Thanks to my mom helping out with the babe;)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of Flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2tsp of salt
3 bananas mashed
3/4 cups of white sugar
1egg slightly beaten
1/3 cup of butter melted
1/3 cup of brown sugar
2tbsp of all purpose flour
1/8tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of butter


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

1. in a large bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2tbsp flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1tsbp of butter until mixture resemebles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20min, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean!

So easy and so yummy. Also, FYI for anyone who is trying to watch their wheat...not weight..I used Spelt flour and they tast delicious! You can get it any health food store and is a great alternative for anyone who has a wheat sensitivity!

No comments: